Our captive flock of over 100 cranes deserve a treat! You can help make sure they receive what they need to stay mentally and physically healthy by purchasing items from our Amazon wish list, gift cards or sending a donation specifically for the Crane Enrichment Program. Also, consider becoming a Crane Keeper and sponsor one crane for a full year!
A few examples of what we may purchase with your donation:
Crane Chow | Crickets | Mealworms | Smelt | Peanuts | Fresh fruit | Fresh/frozen vegetables | Heads of lettuce | Pomegranates | Pumpkins | Rice | Grapes | Cranberries | Kong toys (for hiding treats)
Since the majority of the food listed is perishable, and enrichment strategies should be presented on a varied schedule so that the cranes do not become desensitized or habituated to the new treats, we ask that crane enrichment food donations be made in the following ways:
- Festival Foods gift cards (in-store purchase only in West Baraboo and Portage, Wisconsin)
- Pierce’s Markets gift cards (in-store purchase only in Madison and Muscoda, Wisconsin)
- Pick n’ Save, Copps, Mariano’s, and Rainbow Foods gift cards (in-store purchase only at any location)
- Blain’s Farm & Fleet gift cards (purchase in-store or online)
- Want us to shop locally for items at the Baraboo Farmers’ Market and other locations? Send a check payable to “International Crane Foundation” with a memo line of “Crane Enrichment Program.”
Please direct online gift cards to Kim Boardman, Curator of Birds, and send other donations to: International Crane Foundation, Attn: Kim Boardman, E11376 Shady Lane Road, P.O. Box 447 Baraboo, WI 53913.
All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. To receive a receipt of your generous gift for tax purposes, please include your name and address with gift card purchase.
Thank you for caring for our cranes!