Program Assistant – China
The International Crane Foundation works worldwide to conserve cranes and the ecosystems, watersheds and flyways on which they depend. The International Crane Foundation engages with a global network of nearly 300 staff, associates and colleagues in more than 50 countries. Our efforts in China focus on the five threatened crane species.
The International Crane Foundation is currently seeking a Program Assistant who will be based in Beijing. He/she assists the China Program Director and China Program Coordinator with the administrative arrangements for the operation and smooth running of the China Program Office, as well as handling the routine financial and accounting procedures. He/she provides Foundation staff and visiting experts with translation and interpretive services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with compliance with Chinese regulatory and financial requirements for office running and operations.
- Facilitate smooth running of China office, through support to the China Program Director and China Program Coordinator.
- Assist and support logistical arrangements for China Project staff, including booking travel, accommodation and meetings.
- Handle arrangements for workshops, meetings of China staff and special events.
- Process financial transactions, including preparing expense reports.
- Provide interpretation in meetings for both Chinese and English.
- Translate documents from Chinese to English and vice-versa.
- Deal with routine correspondence and liaise with project partners, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and no less than three years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of current administrative practices and procedures in China.
- Expertise in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience utilizing basic features of presentation software to create and modify slides that include text, charts and graphics; format presentations.
- Experience in handling multiple demands simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines and completing work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to effectively draft, proofread and edit routine correspondence in both Chinese and English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Chinese and English, including consecutive translation and interpretation.
- Effectively coordinate travel and logistical arrangements.
- Identify problems; collect, organize and analyze information, and make appropriate decisions or recommendations within the defined scope of responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Self-driven, works independently, efficient at managing own time and works well without constant supervision.
- Quickly, effectively and continually adapts to changes in work duties, processes and technologies.
To apply please send a copy of resume (in English), three references and salary requirements in an email to ICFjobs@savingcranes.org. When emailing please use “China Program Assistant” in the subject line.
The International Crane Foundation will be accepting resumes until March 12, 2018, or until the position is filled.
The International Crane Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.