The International Crane Foundation is the only place on Earth where you can see all 15 of the world’s crane species – and we can’t wait to share our $10M transformation with you!
Located in Baraboo amid the farmlands of southern Wisconsin, the International Crane Foundation’s headquarters are just ten minutes from the Wisconsin Dells and surrounding Baraboo Hills. Visitors to our site may enjoy learning about the world’s cranes, take a hike on our nature trails, and browse nature-themed items from around the world in our gift shop.
Planning a visit in 2021? Here’s what you need to know!
- Our site will be open daily from May 1 to October 31, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Masks are no longer required for those who are fully vaccinated. We request that you continue to observe social distancing and wear a mask indoors if you are not vaccinated. This is for your safety as well as the safety of our staff and other visitors.
- Our George Archibald Welcome Center Theater is now open! Our introductory video, Symbols of Survival (15 min.), introduces you to our mission and staff as you visit programs in China, Africa, and North America. Plays 15 minutes and 45 minutes past each hour.
- While you are waiting for our introductory video to begin, get an up-close and intimate view of cranes being cranes around the world. Marvel at Sandhill Cranes landing beside you on a sandbar in the Wisconsin River, join a health check and telemetry band fitting for a juvenile Whooping Crane in Canada, soar over the Phobjika Valley in Bhutan with Black-necked Cranes, or gather in a wetland in China with Siberian Cranes (13 min.)
- While we are not currently planning on conducting group tours or planning public events with large groups, we will resume these activities as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, look for our knowledgeable docents as you explore our site on a self-guided tour.
- Please stay tuned for developing news about our rescheduled Grand Opening Celebration on September 18, 2021.
- Remember, members visit our site for free, so now is the time to take a moment to renew or upgrade your membership. Not a member? No problem, you can join our flock here.