North America Programs Assistant – 20 hours
The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is recruiting an experienced Programs Assistant that will provide expert level support to our program staff in their effort to promote the recovery of Whooping Cranes within the wintering grounds along the Texas coast. Over the past 45 years, ICF has grown from the dream of two college students to a world-renowned conservation effort to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats on which they depend. This is a new position created to secure the future of one of the most endangered species of cranes.
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate about our mission, dedicated to the organization and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. Our ICF team is committed to fulfilling the dream that started 45+ years ago. This position offers a competitive wage starting between $15.00 and $16.00 per hour and exceptional benefit package. Work duties will be accomplished via the ICF-Texas office is located in Rockport.
The North America Programs Assistant supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation (ICF) as a permanent part-time position based in Texas by consistently providing excellent, efficient, and responsive administrative services and support to the North America Programs Director, as well as Director of Land and Water Conservation, Whooping Crane Biologist and Program Impact Coordinator in Texas. The incumbent provides executive support through project-based work assigned by NAP managing correspondence and calendars, travel logistics, accounting and budgeting, as well as other administrative and business duties.
The NAP Program Assistant processes expense reports, scheduling routine meetings, organizing office procedures, and providing other routine administrative assistance such as data entry, filing, photocopying, collating, distributing materials, shipping, or completing other projects as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The position primarily performs the following duties on a regular basis as assigned and prioritized by the NAP Director. Actual day-to-day assignments may differ.
- Managing calendar of NAP Director.
- Assisting with compiling reports that support program and ICF needs – monthly/quarterly/annual reports, grant reports etc.
- Coordinate travel and meeting arrangements.
- Coordinate grant applications as requested by the NAP Director and Grants Officer, including development of draft text and budgets.
- Work with ICF Regional Leaders, NAP Staff, and their external contacts to schedule and coordinate virtual meeting logistics, compile and distribute meeting agendas, prepare and sharing meeting materials with participants, and archiving materials in ICF Sharepoint and Teams software tools.
- Provide clerical support by greeting visitors to the ICF Texas office, receiving delivered materials, shipping outgoing packages, and managing incoming mail and packages.
- Track, order and distribute office supplies and business cards to Texas-based NAP staff.
- Update administrative procedures to ensure consistency and effectiveness of Texas office with ICF headquarters.
- Prepare and process expense reports for ICF NAP Director and review and process expense reports for Texas-based staff.
- Draft and proofread letters, reports, or other materials.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties, including data entry, photocopying, filing, collating, handling department mail and faxes, and distributing materials.
- May serve as back up for safety reasons for research staff when in the field by accompanying staff on the boat or during other outdoor activities. Must be comfortable serving as a safety backup and responding in emergency situations.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Associate degree or equivalent and no less than three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of current administrative practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Experience utilizing the basic features of word processing software including formatting, tables, mail merge, and other word processing software skills required for this position (Word 2016 preferred).
- Experience utilizing the basic functions of spreadsheet software including inserting rows and columns; editing cells; cutting and pasting text; formatting text, numbers, and work sheets; sorting; printing; and utilizing other spreadsheet commands as required for this position (Excel 2016 preferred).
- Accurately type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to troubleshoot potential issues with software and hardware in the office.
- Experience organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines to achieve appropriate results, and completing work accurately and timely.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to effectively edit routine correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and effective manner while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively and persuasively with individuals by listening effectively and answering questions effectively and appropriately.
- Valid Texas state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
Physical abilities and work environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type, answer phone and make phone calls.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to reach, balance, crouch and kneel.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for reasonable periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in an office environment for extended periods of time and limited noise.
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor environments.
- Ability to work some weekends as needed.
To Apply: Please send Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Please put North America Programs Assistant in the subject line.
ICF is an Equal Opportunity Employer