Membership and Fund Development Assistant
Reports To: Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
The Membership and Fund Development Assistant is responsible for performing specialized administrative functions in the Development Department, including database and membership maintenance, reporting gift and revenue data, developing mailing lists, and answering phone inquiries. Specific responsibilities include:
- Daily upkeep of gift and constituent records in donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Collaborate with Finance Department staff to ensure accurate gift coding and revenue reporting.
- Manage development database and update mailing lists, financial records, and printed labels.
- Generate reports of gifts and pledges for use by departmental and other institutional and governing body committees.
- Coordinate gift tracking and acknowledgment systems.
- Assist with monthly membership renewal and acknowledgement process, including database maintenance.
- Manage introductory membership program.
- Support miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed.
- Associate degree or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or a combination of education and training.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively using appropriate tone, grammar, and word usage.
- Ability to quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work objectives and processes.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, etc.
- Experience with donor database software. Raiser’s Edge preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com. Applications due August 30, 2013.