Gift Processing Specialist
Reports To: Development Services Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Gift Processing Specialist supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation by performing administrative functions in the Development Department, including database and membership maintenance, reporting gift and revenue data, developing mailing lists, and answering Development Department phones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position performs these duties on a regular basis. The percentages of time are the manager’s prospective estimates of daily averages over time. Actual day-to-day assignments may differ.
40% GIFT PROCESSING AND DONOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
- Enter gift and constituent records daily in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgement and tax-deductible letters for all donor gifts.
- Prepare and mail member packets for various membership programs.
- Coordinate gift tracking and acknowledgement systems.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to ensure accurate gift coding and revenue reporting.
40% DATABASE REPORTING AND MAINTENANCE:
- Generate reports of gifts and pledges for use by departmental and other institutional and governing body committees.
- Update development/membership database and mailing lists, financial records, and printed labels.
- Administer monthly membership renewal and reminder process, including database maintenance.
20% PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT:
- Respond to donor inquiries verbally via phone, and by manual and electronic written communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Associate degree or equivalent and at least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience utilizing the basic features of word processing software including formatting, tables, mail merge, and other word processing software skills required for this position (Word 2010 preferred).
- Experience utilizing the basic functions of spreadsheet software including inserting rows and columns; editing cells; cutting and pasting text; formatting text, numbers, and work sheets; sorting; printing; and utilizing other spreadsheet commands as required for this position (Excel 2010 preferred).
- Experience handling multiple demands simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines to achieve appropriate results, and completing work accurately and timely.
- Accurately type 50 words per minute.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to effectively edit routine correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and effective manner while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively and persuasively with individuals by listening and answering questions effectively and appropriately.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, installments, percentages.
- Identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, and make appropriate decisions or recommendations within defined scope of responsibilities.
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Preserve and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Commitment to the mission of the International Crane Foundation.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge donor database software.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type, answer phone and make phone calls.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Office environment with a comfortable office climate and limited noise.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: ICF offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Send a cover letter and resume to Hannah Field, Human Resources Department.