Gift Processing Specialist
Over the past 40 years, The International Crane Foundation (ICF) has grown from the dream of two college students to a world-renowned conservation effort to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats they frequent. Our new Gift Processing Specialist will support the mission by performing administrative functions in the Development Department, including database and membership maintenance, reporting gift and revenue data, developing mailing lists, and answering Development Department phones.
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate about our mission, dedicated to the organization and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. Our campus is located on 200+ acres of rolling prairies with trails. ICF operates a zoo that features all 15 of the world’s cranes. Oh yeah, we also have a nice salary and benefits package, and you can play a critical role in promoting and expanding our mission across the U.S. and 55 countries around the world. Does that sound like you?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position performs these duties on a regular basis. The percentages of time are the manager’s prospective estimates of daily averages over time. Actual day-to-day assignments may differ.
- Enter gift and constituent records daily in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgment and tax-deductible letters for all donor gifts.
- Prepare and mail member packets for various membership programs.
- Coordinate gift tracking and acknowledgment systems.
- Collaborate with Finance Department and program staff to ensure accurate gift coding and revenue reporting.
- Create and maintain hard copy files of gift records and supporting documentation, and provide records to Finance and external auditors upon request.
- Respond to donor inquiries verbally via phone, and by manual and electronic written communication.
- Generate reports of gifts and pledges for use by departmental and other institutional and governing body committees.
- Provide donor lists, profiles, financial records, and other database outputs in support of department activities.
- Perform regular database maintenance, verifying and updating name, address and other constituent information, and ensuring consistent application of donor segment markers.
- Update and maintain Raiser’s Edge user manual to ensure consistent usage guidelines for all organizational users of the software.
- Carry out regular membership mailings and appeals.
- Assist with preparation and execution of Development Department events such as luncheons, onsite donor events, and other fundraisers.
- Collaborate with Communications Department to ensure a functional online donation process.
- Provide training and support to Raiser’s Edge users throughout the organization. Commitment to the mission of International Crane Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Associate degree or equivalent and at least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience utilizing the basic features of word processing software including formatting, tables, mail merge, and other word processing software skills required for this position (Word 2010 preferred).
- Experience utilizing the basic functions of spreadsheet software including inserting rows and columns; editing cells; cutting and pasting text; formatting text, numbers, and worksheets; sorting; printing; and utilizing other spreadsheet commands as required for this position (Excel 2010 preferred).
- Experience handling multiple demands simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines to achieve appropriate results, and completing work accurately and timely.
- Accurately type 50 words per minute.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to effectively edit routine correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and effective manner while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively and persuasively with individuals by listening effectively and answering questions effectively and appropriately.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, installments, percentages.
- Identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, and make appropriate decisions or recommendations within the defined scope of responsibilities.
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Preserve and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
- Attentive to detail and thorough.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge donor database software.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list subject: Gift Specialist
The International Crane Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.