The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is looking for a motivated individual with general maintenance experience to perform maintenance repair and janitorial responsibilities both indoors and outdoors. Over the past 40 years, ICF has grown from the dream of two college students to a world-renowned conservation effort to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats they frequent. Our new Facility Technician will assist in maintaining the site and grounds of our Headquarters near Baraboo.
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate for our mission, dedicated to the organization and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. Our ICF team is committed to fulfilling the dream that started 40+ years ago. Staring pay is between $14.50 and $15.00 per hour. Oh yeah, we also have a great benefit package, and you will join a team who is committed to our mission.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to work orders and urgent needs on a daily basis.
- Perform light carpentry, light plumbing and light electrical repairs.
- Perform a variety of grounds keeping duties including lawn mowing, trimming, chainsaw operation, sweeping walkways, and use of herbicides to control weeds and trail maintenance.
- Perform cleaning duties including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, trash and recyclables collection, complete restroom cleaning and a variety of other cleaning tasks.
- Work in cooperation with bird keepers to maintain and repair crane exhibits and off-exhibit bird facilities. Assist with mowing of exhibits and exhibit repairs.
- Ensure vehicles (including electric vehicles) and all maintenance tools and equipment are in good working condition and are cared for properly by cleaning and storing after each use.
- Set up and take down equipment, furniture, etc. for special events.
- Receive and distribute shipment of materials to their respective destinations on site. Materials may include but are not limited to: diesel fuel, crane food, office supplies, etc.
- Assist facility staff in maintaining proper records on the buildings and grounds.
- Monitor, test and maintain a variety of operating systems (including HVAC, water quality equipment, etc.) on a routine basis.
- Maintain water features and pools that are in crane exhibits and holding facilities through water quality tests, repair of pool surfaces and overall aquatic vegetation management.
- Maintain clean and organized maintenance and shop facilities.
- Operate light equipment such as snow removal equipment and bobcats.
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school, and/or, 5 or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write notes and instructions effectively.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to listen well to requests and directions given.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work, stay focused on the task, and to work with others to meet designated deadlines and desired results.
- Ability to identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, ask good questions and make appropriate decisions or recommendations to resolve problems.
- Acceptable valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to respond to facility maintenance situations that occur on site after normal working hours.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish assigned tasks and regular job responsibilities, including weekends and holidays.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for others (including the cranes); inspire trust; and work with integrity.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work environment and duties, processes, and technologies.
- Experience using riding lawn mowers, snow removal equipment e.g. truck mounted snowplow and salt/sand spreader, walk behind mowers, gas powered trimmers, pressure washers, skid steer (like a Bobcat), power blowers, snow blowers, and a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Experience working around animals in a captive environment.
- Experience with designing and creating items to meet needs of both animals and people that may not be available to purchase.
Physical abilities and work environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, climb, balance, crouch, and kneel.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lifting 75 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work outdoors under all weather conditions found in Wisconsin.
- Ability to work one weekend day and holidays during the season April to October
For a full job description, please visit our website at www.savingcranes.org
ICF offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please list subject: Facility Technician
ICF is an equal opportunity employer