Reports To: Vice President of Headquarters
Department: Headquarter Operations
FSLA Status: Exempt
The Facilities Manager supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation by providing leadership and oversight for the Facilities Department. This position supervises and coordinates activities of staff and contractors engaged in general maintenance, repair and landscape activities for a 200-acre plus facility that is open seasonally to the public. In addition, this position provides project management for on-site construction and remodeling projects, sustainability initiatives and prairie restoration activities. The incumbent supervises two Facilities Technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the International Crane Foundation’s building and grounds maintenance and repairs to keep the site presentable and in good working condition.
- Provides oversight for custodial activities throughout the site both in the visitor area and office spaces. Coordinates staff and contractors to maintain cleanliness of designated areas.
- Train, develop, and provide oversight and guidance to two Facilities Technicians, assess and provide regular feedback on individual performance.
- Coordinates and supervises maintenance work assignments, building and landscaping programs, contractors, and vendors.
- Procure equipment parts and maintenance supplies in coordination with the Sr. Facilities Technician.
- Oversees the maintenance of all fleet vehicles and ensures they are in safe working condition in coordination with Sr. Maintenance Technician.
- Participates in Site Master Plan implementation/planning and assists with cost estimation as needed.
- Manages change orders and budgets for site construction projects. Prepares forecasts for expenditures in conjunction with VP Headquarters and Finance Department.
- Maintains Conservation Easement documentation and prepares annual report.
- Coordinates and serves as co-chair of sustainability team at the International Crane Foundation.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sustainability plan and implementing initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with North America Program to maintain and establish native prairies on the International Crane Foundation property.
- Prepares and maintains files on all current and historical building and landscaping plans and records of the International Crane Foundation property, including site photo documentation.
- Manages and prepares the Site budget and capital project budget and plans.
- Develop and design solutions to difficult maintenance issues.
- Confers with staff to help coordinate International Crane Foundation special events and activities and address the needs of individual departments involved in specified event.
- Ensure all safety programs and procedures are followed and adhere to OSHA, zoning, hazardous waste, fire safety, traffic regulations, etc.
- Participates as an active member of institutional Safety Committee.
- Develop preventive maintenance program.
- Ensures the shop area is neat, well organized and tools and equipment are maintained in good working condition.
- Manages all aspects of site security; including key control, perimeter access codes, and building security systems.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil). Bachelor’s preferred.
- Eight or more years’ experience in construction or maintenance field.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Project planning, budget and implementation experience.
- Experience supervising others to achieve desired results; delegate work; train and encourage skill development; assess and provide feedback on individual performance.
- Verbal communication skills, including speaking clearly and persuasively; and listening effectively.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to effectively draft, proofread and edit routine correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and effective manner.
- Ability to use word processing software, spreadsheets, e-mails, databases.
- Demonstrated experience with effective record keeping as it relates to facilities management.
- Ability to identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, ask good questions and make appropriate decisions or recommendations to resolve problems.
- Acceptable valid state driver’s license and driving record.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish assigned tasks and regular job responsibilities, including weekends and holidays.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for others (including the cranes); inspire trust; and work with integrity.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work environment and duties, processes, and technologies.
- Facility Management certification.
- Experience with prairie restoration activities.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type, answer phone and make phone calls.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to see and read documents and computer screen.
- Ability to stand and walk.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions.
- Office environment with a comfortable office climate and limited noise.
* * *
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: The International Crane Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list subject: Facility
The International Crane Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.