Reports To: Vice President of Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Grants Manager supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation (ICF) by researching, writing, and managing grants to secure program funding from foundations, corporations, and government sources. The Grants Manager works in close collaboration with ICF Programs to develop grants in support of ICF’s conservation, education, and research programs. The incumbent manages the portfolio of grant awards, including application and reporting deadlines and on-going communications with granting organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit, and package well-crafted proposals that include compelling project descriptions and detailed budgets, letters of inquiry, progress/stewardship reports, grant agreements and other materials for donors and prospective supporters.
- Develop strong working relationships with ICF program staff and assist with researching new grant sources, preparing grant applications, and submitting grants to multiple sources.
- Manage each stage of the grant process with program and finance staff, from the proposal development stage, to proposal submission, to notification and reporting.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track and record grant and program activity, maintain lists, perform information queries, generate reports, and maintain foundation deadlines and stewardship schedules.
- Work with finance staff to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Ensure prompt contact acknowledgement of grants to donors.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain files on potential funding sources.
- Assist program staff in responding to questions concerning grant compliance.
- Collaborate with senior staff and volunteers to develop and advance donor prospect strategy with granting organizations.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field and no less than three years of grant writing experience.
- Experience writing grants, grant research and reporting.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively draft, proofread and edit grant correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and grammatically-correct manner.
- Ability to assimilate complex and technical information from various sources and prepare clear, persuasive communication using various writing styles to meet the needs of the donor/granter communications.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including speaking clearly and persuasively; listening effectively; responding well to questions from ICF staff and supporters.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- Experience using fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to research and analyze issues from multiple perspectives, reach sound conclusions, make appropriate decisions and recommendations, and work cooperatively with others to develop and implement solutions to achieve mutually-desired results.
- Experience handling multiple demands/projects simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines and completing work accurately and timely.
- Work as a constructive member of a team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for others; inspire trust; and work with integrity and ethically.
- Ability to quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work objectives, processes, and technology.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience with non-profit budgeting process.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment: The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to sit for reasonable periods of time.
Office environment with a comfortable office climate and limited noise.
Compensation and Benefits: ICF offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.
, Human Resources Manager.