Activity packets are available through the ICF Conservation Education Department for use in your classroom. Contact ICF for more information at (608) 356-9462, ext. 127, or follow the links below to download PDF versions of the packets.
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view these files.
Level I: Chick Chat: An Introduction to Cranes (Preschool - 2nd grade)
"Chick Chat" includes information about cranes and a variety of fun activities to excite students about cranes. Activities include a coloring book, crane puppet and puzzles. Activities in the packet can be used either before a field trip or as post-field trip follow-up.
- Level 1 Teacher Instructions
- Level 1 Student Pages
- Level 1 Arap Sang and the Cranes
- Level 1 Meg in the Egg Coloring Book
Level II: Cranes, Kids and Wetlands: Exploring Cranes and Their Habitats (3 - 5 grade)
"Cranes, Kids and Wetlands" includes information about cranes, their biology, and wetland and prairie ecosystems. A variety of projects will engage students in crane conservation. Activities in the packet can be used either before the field trip or as post-field trip follow-up.
- Level 2 Teacher Instructions
- Level 2 Student Pages Unit 1
- Level 2 Student Pages Unit 2
Level III: Cranes, Communities and Cultures (6 - 8 grade)
"Cranes, Communities and Cultures" includes information about cranes and their biology, information about wetland and prairie ecosystems, and humankind’s role in their protection. The packet also includes activities and follow-up projects.
- Level 3 Teacher Instructions
- Level 3 Student Pages Unit 1
- Level 3 Student Pages Unit 2
Level IV: Crane Conservation: Studies in Crane Behavior, Genetic Diversity, and the Linkages between People and Cranes (9 - 12 grade)
"Crane Conservation" includes an introduction to the study of ethology, genetics, the connection between cranes and humans, and information on cranes and their biology. The packet also includes a field guide to crane behavior that will help familiarize students with the unique crane behaviors that they will observe during a field trip to ICF.
- Level 4 Teacher Instructions
- Level 4 Field Guide
- Level 4 Student Pages Unit 1
- Level 4 Student Pages Unit 2
- Level 4 Student Pages Unit 3
Activities in Spanish
- ¡Ay Qué Huesos!
- ¡Las Grullas También Bailan!
- Criaturas Que se Arrastran y Saltan
- Formidables Adaptaciones
- La Casa de la Grulla
- La Grulla de Papel
- La Pulsera Grulla
- Los Cambios: ¿Buenos o Malos?
- Pio Pio y Creciendo
- ¿Qué Es una Grulla?
- ¿Quién Es Este Pajaro Grande?
- Si el Pico te Sirve Jusalo
- Usa la Cabeza
- Y las Estaciones